Innokat virtualizes the desktop environment at Warid Telecom. Citrix technology is used to provide the desktop virtualization solution. Innokat provided Citrx NetScaler MPX 5500 Standard Edition, Citrix XenDesktop Enterprises edition licenses and also included 1 Year 24/7 support and Maintenance to Warid Telecom.
With Citrix XenDesktop, Warid can securely deliver individual Windows, web and SaaS Applications, or fully virtual desktops, to PCs, tablets, smartphones, laptops and thin clients all with a high-definition user experience. Innokat suggested Warid Telecom to virtualize the environment and overcome the challenges through Citrix technology.
Having the numerous certified professionals on board with a number of previous implementations both in Pakistan and Afghanistan, Innokat was the perfect choice for Warid Telecom to acquire the solution.
The solution provided will help the Telecom Operator to:
- Cuts costs – By reducing the number of physical servers required in the datacenter, the organization will be able to save on their power and cooling costs.
- Increases IT agility and efficiency – Warid can easily adapt to changing datacenter and computing needs by dynamically flexing capacity, optimizing VM placement, and automating repetitive management tasks.
- Improves performance and user productivity – By enabling ‘zero downtime’ maintenance, automatically recovering from hardware failure, and providing failover capabilities in disaster situations, end users are ensured access to mission critical application in all scenarios.
Citrix XenDesktop is a desktop virtualization solution that transforms Windows desktops and applications into an on-demand service available to any user, anywhere, on any device. XenDesktop helps businesses:
- Enable virtual work styles to increase workforce productivity from anywhere
- Leverage the latest mobile devices to drive innovation throughout the business
- Rapidly adapt to change with fast, flexible desktop and application delivery for offshoring, M&A,
branch expansion and other initiatives
- Transform desktop computing with centralized delivery, management and security
Warid Telecom is one of the leading telecom operators in Pakistan. It is a joint venture between Abu Dhabi Group & SingTel Group. Abu Dhabi Group entered into a strategic alliance with Singapore Telecom.